Reddish Vale Country Park
Reddish Vale Farm
Reddish Vale Farm was constructed in the mid 19th century, on land which had once formed part of the Reddish Hall Estate.
George Watson farmed here in the early 1900's, the Stockton family took it over and ran it for over sixty years.
In the early 1990's local people prevented the now council-owned farm from development.
Below, Mr Watson.
Below, Mr Watson's daughter Gladys who delivered the milk by horse and cart. People would take jugs to the cart to be filled from the churn.
Below, three photographs of Reddish Vale Farm taken in 1978.
Above, The photograph on the left shows Watson's Farm as it was known then around 1900, this farmhouse has recently been demolished and a new house built.